Welcome to Les Arcs !Passionately fond of snow and sliding we offer dog sled rides. Comfortably ensconced in our handmade sled come and experience the surprising world of sled dogs. Our incredible dog colleagues will be glad to show you their admirable talents and to share a moment of exchange and complicity with you. It is possible to book your dog sled rides from Monday to Sunday.
André Pilon - Coureur des bois.
Example of sled composition :
- 2 adults
- 2 adults and 1 child
- 1 adult and 2 children
Two different trips :
- Discovery dog sled ride : total activity time 45 minutes, ride lasting between 20 to 25 minutes.
- The malgovert trip : total activity time 1hour, ride lasting between 35 to 45 minutes.
Required equipmentYou have to be well equipped for the mountain: gloves, sunglasses, scarf, hat, warm boots (but not skiing boots please). Children must wear a helmet (available if necessary).
Possible compositions :
- 1 dog/ 1 adult
- 1 dog/ 1 adult / 1 child
- 1 dog/ 2 children
Required equipment :Hiking shoes, cap/hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle.
Night hiking tours are available upon request.
Give me some snow and some dogs, you can keep the rest KNUD RASMUSSEN, Danish explorer (1879-1933).
Snow marathon runners / the best colleagues in the worldOur four-legged friends are ALASKAN HUSKIES (mixed bred Siberian Husky and Alaskan, of Quebec and Alaska lineage). Unknown in France, Alaskan is yet the most important population of sled dog in the world.
Created at the beginning of the 20th century by Alaskan mushers, from cross-breeding of Siberian Huskies and native Indian dogs and from some other working dogs, Alaskan husky has become the most efficient sled dog in the world, combining endurance, stamina and speed. They are generally small dogs from 40lb to 55lb and by the way also less sensitive to sports traumatology than the other Nordic breeds. Nevertheless, people don’t really notice differences between Alaskan and his ancestor, Siberian Husky. In the true biological sense of the term, this breed represents among 90% of the world’s sled dog population. Of course, the largest dog breeding farms are in Alaska and Canada. This extraordinary dog, a pure snow marathon runner, composed the vast majority of the dog teams during the recent Grande Odyssée.
(the most important sled dog race in France), Professor Dominique Grandjean.
Source : chiensettraineaux.comVery sociable and cheerful, Alaskans are true fireballs ! They may have trouble keeping quiet. They need space and exercise to unwind. They are great nature admirers. Nevertheless they never refuse to take a nap in the sun or on a sofa.
Rates and GCA
Credit card and cash
Please contact us
We propose gift vouchers !
|Discovery dog sled ride
||Total activity time 45 minutes
Ride lasting between 20 to 25 minutes
|The malgovert trip
||Total activity time 1 hour
Ride lasting between 35 to 45 minutes
||Total activity time 2 hours
15 minutes de préparation et 1h45 de balade
General conditions applicable to the exercice
Please review the following safety rules:
- In order to ensure your security and to protect our dogs’ welfare, we reserve the right to suspend or to cancel the activity in case of major unpredictable occurrences or of climatic variations.
- In order to fully appreciate the ride, it is necessary to be in good health. You must not have medical contraindications that prevent you from doing leisure activities with dogs in a mountainous environment.
- As the trail is not flat, some bumps may be felt depending on the snowfall. That’s why, for safety reasons, we DO NOT take pregnant women, people who have recently had surgery, and children under 5 years old.
- Children must wear a helmet (available if necessary).
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- You have to wear a belt or a harness to be connected to the dog in order to appreciate its pulling power. For safety reasons, we DO NOT take pregnant women, people who have recently had surgery or people with back problems, and children under 6 years old.
- From 6 to 10 years old, children must be accompanied by an adult.
NB : If you come with a child under 6 years old, you do so entirely under your own responsibility. Under no circumstances will children under 6 years old be considered as participant of the activity.
- We carry professional insurance; nevertheless check your own liability and accident insurance coverage. We deny all liability for accidents if these safety instructions are not observed.
Phone : (+33) 7 88 67 22 96
WhatsApp : (+33) 7 88 67 22 96
How to find us
Adress : Road D119 go toward ARCS 1950 (5Km (3miles) before les ARCS 1950/ 7km (4,3miles) after les ARCS 1600)
GPS coordinates : Latitude : 45°35'57.1"N | Longitude : 6°48'59.4"E
Free shuttle bus : between Arc 1600 and Arc 2000 ask “Le Plateau” stop.
Learn more about the shuttles